Australia's leading provider of affordable DIY legal kits
Call our Customer Care Specialists on 1300 728 200

Legal Forum

Welcome to the FREE AussieLegal Forum

This FREE legal forum is supported by participating lawfirms in your local area.
The information contained in this public forum, and any comments made by the administrators, it's appointed mediators, or members of the public are of a general nature and may not be regarded as financial or legal advice in any way. We recommend that you seek formal advice from a practicing solicitor or licensed financial advisor regarding your particular situation. By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.

To be sure we provide you with the most relevant information to your state, please let us know which state you your legal matter resides in:


AussieLegal recommends this law firm:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative methods of filing suit

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tridean View Drop Down

Joined: 11/January/2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 17
  Quote tridean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative methods of filing suit
    Posted: 20/July/2012 at 16:27
Hi all,
I have a question that relates to initiating a proceeding in court. From my understanding and research I am unable to determine if filing an originating process or preliminary proceeding can ONLY be done through the Registry. The Registry itself (for some strange reason) are very limited in their knowledge of procedural rules unless the case to be initiated is basic in nature. For example we have repeatedly asked our Registrar of our District and Supreme court, both in writing and in person how to initiate a claim in equity and the guy behind the desk to the Registry (the very place you are supposed to file your case!!!!) doesn't even know what equity means..this astonishes me and concerns me a great deal...I want to know if there are other ways to initiate a claim? For example, are there any grounds upon which someone could approach a Judge, Justice, or Chief Judge or Justice, either in writing or via the Registry but in a sealed envelope because the particulars of the claim are proprietary and initiate a claim or apply for an exemption to the normal procedures? Is it possible to initiate a claim or preliminary issue by writing to a chief justice?

 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Want to save money?

Check out our list of do-it-yourself legal kits.

Need formal advice?

Let us help you find a lawyer who specializes in your particular area of law.

Need further information?

Visit our legal forum where you can ask questions and search for similar topics.