Cohabitation Agreement under De Facto Law
(includes template agreement)
Cohabitation Agreements are agreements made between people who are living
together and who are NOT married. Property
disputes in these circumstances now come under the Family Law Act 1975 (as
amended). These agreements are fully enforceable in the
Family Court and are designed to help people
decide now how they will deal with financial matters in the event
of a separation at some time in the future.
For only $89.95 the AussieLegal
Cohabitation Agreement Kit can save $hundreds or even $thousands
in legal fees, contains easy to read information and includes:
- information on the Family Law Act as it relates to
de facto financial agreements (Section 90 UB);
- information on the preparation and execution of agreements;
- a completed example Cohabitation Agreement;
- completed example Annexures
and Schedules as required in the Act, and
- a full refund of the cost of this kit if you decide to upgrade to
PLUS service (see below).
- This version of the kit does NOT include legal advice or
- This kit is NOT a D.IY. legal kit.
|IMPORTANT: To ensure
that your de facto Cohabitation Agreement is fully enforceable, the
Family Law Act 1975 (as amended) requires that both parties to the Agreement:
- obtain independent legal advice and a complying solicitor's certificate
to that effect; and
- fully disclose all significant assets and liabilities.
- The PLUS service is currently not available in SA due to SA legislative
Call 1300 728 200 for more information and to discuss your situation.
|Click on your STATE below to find out more and how to purchase your Kit: